When a kitten appears in the house, the most important thing is to determine the place for the cat’s toilet and choose the appropriate filler for it. This plays an important role in the lives of not only the kittens, but their owners. It is the filler that helps the pet to determine the place of going to the toilet, because it absorbs a not quite pleasant smell. In this article we will tell you what kind of feline filler is, how to use it, what criteria to choose.
Previously, for cats used boxes with sand or scraps of newspapers, at the moment there are more opportunities for filling the cat’s tray. From the point of view of the cat, the filler should have the following qualities:
- That it was convenient to dig.
- To cushion the paws on him was to step comfortably and gently.
- So that with diligent digging it does not raise dust, otherwise it will cause an allergy.
- To filler had a natural smell.
- In order to avoid any negative moments when eating the filler.
What qualities should the filler have from the point of view of the host?
Ideal filler for the tray should have the following characteristics:
- It absorbs the smell from the tray well.
- On the cat’s paws it does not go around the house.
- So that when the pet is diligent in it, he does not pick up dust.
- That it was convenient to change and clean.
- That at eating of a filler at a kitten did not have problems with health.
- Enough economical.
- To be washed into the toilet.
From the above, we can say that the criteria for many issues in pets and their owners are the same. So, how to choose a filler for the cat’s toilet?
Types of fillers and their characteristics
Mineral fillers for best cat litters are widely used among cat lovers. Consider its advantages and disadvantages.
- For production is used environmentally friendly mineral composition. Made of volcanic pebbles.
- Economically profitable.
- It is allowed to change not often; it is usually used from 5 to 7 days.
- Feels like sand, with the help of kittens it is easy to get used to the toilet.
- Until it gets wet completely absorbs moisture and odor.
- It is well clotted; it is convenient to take a spatula.
- Does not stick to the paws of kittens.
- There is a large variety of sizes of pebbles, so it can be picked up for pets of different ages.
Nowadays there is a wide variety of fillers for the cat’s toilet, so there is no definite answer to the question – which filler is better. Only by sampling, you can choose the only convenient filler, which will please both the owners and their pets.